Tuesday, May 20, 2008

getting started

I have always learned best in increments...break down the info and go step by step. Especially directions. If I have to stop and ask for directions...I listen to the first 3 - turn left at the stoplight, go 3 miles and turn right at the high school, go 5 more miles and you'll see a clown statue..... and....that's where I stop listening. I would have stopped listening just hearing "clown statue" but even with more normal landmarks, I would be at overload. After all, I can always stop again (near the clown statue) and ask for more directions. So setting up this blog worked for me....clear steps I could follow and voila! I'm here.

And what will be here? Hmmm....good question. When the long time partner of Gore Vidal was dying, Vidal asked him if he wanted to talk, "No," his friend replied, "there's too much to say." I always have a lot to say but here I will only write quotes that touched me and I have squirreled away either in my brain or on paper. Some are my thoughts - those moments when it hits you - I get this! and that can be good or sad or just simply true. I'll say right here that I will identify the author of any quote that I can...others I have heard here and there with no one attributing ownership. If it's mine - I will tell you that too. Only quotes you ask? No, not me...I have a lot yet to say.

No comments: