Tuesday, May 27, 2008

we pause this blog.....

RSS - had not a clue till I continued on with Gail Borden Learns.....but now that I am onboard - I like it! Signed up for Google Reader and then subscribed to the New York Times Book Reviews - and had to almost immediately toggle over to GBPL website to reserve/request book titles...sorry to whomever will get my numerous requests to purchase. Also subscribed to the Chicago Tribune Home section - home projects here I come or at least file away...and a blog I read - Haynorfamily.blogspot.com - my younger daughter's best friend who recently had a baby and is refreshingly honest about new motherhood - I keep telling her to save her posts to someday publish as a book. Her contest - Guess What Ava Threw Up On Today? - was priceless. My daughter's blog that turned into a book was recently translated into Russian and Portugese. So now I own the UK hardcover, the UK paperback, the US paperback, and now the paperback in Russian. Her editor keeps bugging her to write a sequel. Do our children live our fantasies? I played piano because my Mother always wished she did...I dreamed of being an author and my daughter is. Perhaps it's true - our children are better versions of ourselves.

2 comments:

SaboUniverse said...

The person who received your requests was me YOUR MENTOR! LOL

Heron said...

Kathi, MY mother was forced to play the piano, hated it and wouldn't even THINK of letting ME play it! I always wanted to play an instrument, but when the school sign-ups got to my school, the only instruments left were tuba and trombone. So, MY daughter plays viola and piano, but HER choice! I even tried taking piano lessons with her at first, but it is much harder when you are an adult. So, you are right. She's living my dream. BUT YOU COULD PUBLISH THAT BOOK. I'm laughing out loud over your blogs! Judy...