Monday, June 9, 2008

ick

Today I made a Facebook page - the 5th in the list of tasks I am completing. This was my least favorite so far...I dislike intensely putting out any personal info into the public domain. My shredder works overtime at home to protect me from throwing away even the slightest bit of paper that might have my name on it. Yes, for this task, I could be anonymous - and was I ever. I denied access to anyone who was not on my friends' list. So right now only Johnny Depp can access my Facebook page. I figured that was safe, he's probably not actively searching a way to contact me so I needn't worry. Of course if he did, I would have some things to say. Like, you are cute and sexy, Johnny, but you always look like you need to take a shower - and wash that hair while you're at it, please?

I browsed the site but I shall not return to Facebook if I can help it and I hope reports of people spending tons of time there are exaggerated. When asked how libraries can connect with patrons using Facebook - I'm sure you meant customers :) -I have no idea. Maybe encourage them to come out from behind their computers and BE WITH PEOPLE? The photo I uploaded for my Facebook page is one of antiquated recording equipment. It was on my camera from a museum tour that I was on with my husband and friends - and that would be, hmmmm....real friends.

2 comments:

Sara said...

You are so good at this blogging thing. You could be pro-blogger.

Heron said...

If you think Facebook is creepy, get yourself a My Space! It is like reading Lord of the Flies. What kids say to each other online and the incredibly intimate information they share...TOO MUCH INFORMATION! 300 people don't need to know your mood every moment of the day, nor do they need to read that personal, nay intimate, comment you just made to the girl you are flirting with! STOP IT ALREADY!